Saturday, July 11, 2009

Church Ruins

The ruins of the Prince William Parrish Church (Sheldon Church) located between Beaufort and Yemasee. This is great site for a fast visit or for a picnic. Built between 1745 and 1755 the church has connections to the Revolutioary and Civil Wars and was burned in 1779 and again in 1886.

No comments:

Post a Comment